NICIS Hub Feed http://www.nicis.com Colin Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:47:28 GMT #NICIS Managers meeting at #CNI. Main topics discussed were #CDR and the standardisation of curriculum definition in #QLS across #Allcolleges Colin Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:45:44 GMT Disaster Recovery #DR advice provided to #BMC based on strategy deployed for #ABW and #QL for #Allcolleges Colin Mon, 07 Apr 2014 11:13:46 GMT #Change CR0106 issued to change board #BSUManagementGroup. This is for the removal of selected fields from the #CDR output file. Colin Mon, 07 Apr 2014 11:13:20 GMT #Change CR0105 issued to change board #BSUManagementGroup. This is for the inclusion of postcode related data in the #CDR output file. Colin Mon, 07 Apr 2014 11:12:49 GMT #Change CR0104 issued to change board #BSUManagementGroup. This is for the inclusion of non-QLS variables in the #CDR output file. Colin Mon, 07 Apr 2014 11:12:16 GMT #Change CR0103 issued to change board #BSUManagementGroup. This is for the inclusion of equality fields in the #CDR output file. Colin Wed, 05 Mar 2014 15:20:13 GMT Meeting with #CAFRE about business processes and sharing of best practice Colin Wed, 05 Mar 2014 15:19:15 GMT #MISILT group business case framework commenced with #SRC in advance of next project board meeting Colin Thu, 27 Feb 2014 16:47:52 GMT Productive meeting at #DEL about #CDR and the plan to completion. Colin Thu, 27 Feb 2014 16:47:26 GMT Confirmed PSU at #SRC is covered under #M-Hance contract following escalation. Colin Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:42:13 GMT Notification and released notes of #QLP v3.2 SP10 sent to #Allcolleges. Plan is for #UNIT4 to install in week beginning 10 March 2014 Colin Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:40:13 GMT #Change CR0102 for amendment to #FTE report issued to change board. The report will now include details of MOA 22 records Colin Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:39:09 GMT Project plan to completion of #CDR agreed with #BSU Management Group. Includes plan to allow local running of #CDR at #Allcolleges Colin Mon, 27 Jan 2014 16:59:31 GMT #MISILT steering group meeting to discuss next steps with project. Meeting to be setup with #UNIT4 to review potential hosting solutions. Colin Mon, 27 Jan 2014 16:58:28 GMT Presentation by #allcolleges on curriculum setup for #MISICT project at #NRC. Objective to establish a common standard and procedure for curriculum definitions. Colin Mon, 27 Jan 2014 16:56:31 GMT #CDR review meeting with #DEL in relation to weekend run. Colin Thu, 16 Jan 2014 13:40:51 GMT Produce paper on future support of #CDR and #FLU for consideration by #DEL and #Allcolleges Colin Thu, 16 Jan 2014 13:38:42 GMT Respond to query on #FTEs from #NRC. Specification sent to confirm how #FTE report works in advance of #DEL extract on 7 February 2014 Colin Wed, 09 Oct 2013 12:57:50 GMT #changerequest CR0083 submitted and awaiting approval from Change Board. Change is for one of the #FLU validations to measure the student’s age against 1st July in current year if enrolled in July/August, not the 1st July preceding the start of the academic year. Colin Tue, 08 Oct 2013 10:03:42 GMT Meeting with #DEL and ITAssist around procurement and technology options for #MISOBC Colin Tue, 08 Oct 2013 10:02:35 GMT Successful test completed for #BCDR at #SRC and #SWC Colin Wed, 02 Oct 2013 11:42:19 GMT Legal meeting with Principal of #SRC and Pincent Masons to determine procurement options for #MISOBC Colin Wed, 02 Oct 2013 11:39:21 GMT All #payremit submissions accepted by DEL and ready fro submission to finance and onward to DFP Colin Fri, 27 Sep 2013 18:48:31 GMT Further progress with #payremit working with #del and #bmc on behalf of #allcolleges Directorate and non-teaching brought to conclusion and now ready to submit for approval to DFP. Colin Thu, 26 Sep 2013 08:50:20 GMT Update meeting with #DEL and Director of #SRC on #MISOBC in advance of new subgroup being established to progress future of #MIS at #allcolleges Colin Thu, 26 Sep 2013 08:46:31 GMT #Payremits submitted on behalf of #allcolleges to #DEL for review and onward approval by DFP. #Payremits completed include directorate (2011-12/2012-13), lecturer (2011-12/2012-13) and Non-teaching (2010-11/2011-12/2012-13). Colin Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:36:37 GMT Release notes for #QLP 3.20 SP9 distributed to #Allcolleges. Upgrade due to all sites by 23 September 2013 Colin Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:35:41 GMT #Chang request CR0079 agreed by #DEL for #FLU amendments. Change only for suppression of commas from surnames AND fix for #Essentialskills flag. Also to ensure same version is used in #allcolleges and data centre Colin Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:31:08 GMT Arrangement of #BCDR test by #MHance for #SWC #SRC and #NWRC on 7 October 2013 Colin Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:26:50 GMT Collective and successful meeting with #Allcolleges to agree a way forward with the #MISOBC. A preferred option was agreed which should provide an MIS #ICT vision for the next 10-15 years. Colin Mon, 09 Sep 2013 17:02:02 GMT Clarification provided on #BCDR to #SRC to inform #Allcolleges of future requirements for ICT/MIS in the sector Colin Mon, 09 Sep 2013 17:00:44 GMT FAQ reference guide produced for #PayRemit completion and distributed to #Allcolleges Colin Mon, 09 Sep 2013 16:59:56 GMT #CDR validations distributed to #Allcolleges for development. This will complete phase 2 of the project thus allowing all statistical returns to be made to #DEL from #CDR from 2013-14 Colin Tue, 03 Sep 2013 13:21:59 GMT Useful discussions with #SRC and #NRC about standardisation of processes for #QLP to enable successful execution of absence monitoring reports and #FEMR. Colin Tue, 03 Sep 2013 11:17:21 GMT Non-teaching and Directorate #PayRemit information sought from #Allcolleges for periods 2011-12 and 2012-13. Colin Tue, 03 Sep 2013 11:16:13 GMT #PayRemit details for non-teaching staff (2010-11 and 2011-12) submitted to #DEL for review and onward approval by DFP Colin Tue, 03 Sep 2013 11:14:21 GMT Secure digital certificates renewed for BT data centre to allow secure access for all #Allcolleges to data centre over #NIRAN Colin Thu, 29 Aug 2013 15:25:41 GMT Useful meeting with #DEL relating to #PayRemit - clarification being sought on Deane and Threshold payments for lecturing staff. Colin Thu, 29 Aug 2013 15:24:57 GMT Detailed meeting with #DEL and #CDR project group to agree the final list of validations and timescales for phase 2 of the project. #Allcolleges will be involved in assisting with validation development from 9 September 2013 Colin Wed, 28 Aug 2013 14:58:16 GMT Production of #M-Hance contract summary to inform revised #NICIS contract re-procurement for #AllColleges Colin Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:57:21 GMT Meeting to discuss project plan and way forward with validations to enable #CDR to be used for 2013/14 returns in November. Colin Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:56:12 GMT #PayRemit details received from #SWC completes the non-teaching data collection for 2010/11 and 2011/12. Submission to #DEL over next couple of days. Colin Wed, 14 Aug 2013 00:00:00 GMT Meeting with #DEL to agree best approach for leacturer and Directorate #PayRemits for 10-11, 11-12 and 12-13. Easier #PayRemit template agreed. Colin Tue, 13 Aug 2013 00:00:00 GMT Met with web developers to discuss revised update to #CNI website and web presence Colin Mon, 12 Aug 2013 00:00:00 GMT Good meeting with Principal of #NWRC in relation to on-going support for college Colin Wed, 07 Aug 2013 00:00:00 GMT #PayRemit meeting to consider steps for non-teaching pay bills for 12-13 Colin Tue, 06 Aug 2013 00:00:00 GMT #BSUGroup meeting at #CNI. Agreed proposal for #Allcollege involvement in #CDR phase 2 developments and #QLP process harmonisation Colin Mon, 05 Aug 2013 00:00:00 GMT Attended #NICIS re-contract options meeting. Putting #NICIS contract scope with #M-Hance together for #Allcolleges information Colin Fri, 02 Aug 2013 00:00:00 GMT Meeting with #DEL on #PayRemit for non-teaching staff 10-11 and 11-12. Some finance queries before submission to DFP Colin Fri, 02 Aug 2013 00:00:00 GMT Disccusions with #UNIT4 about possibility of outsourcing development of #FEMR Colin Thu, 01 Aug 2013 00:00:00 GMT Review with #M-Hance on developments with #FLU #ChangeRequest number CR0079 (FLU) and #BCDR testing for colleges Colin Thu, 01 Aug 2013 00:00:00 GMT #M-Hance agree to #Lync test with #Allcolleges during August Colin Fri, 26 Jul 2013 00:00:00 GMT Confirmation form M-Hance on position of ESCROW agreement for #NICIS Colin Thu, 25 Jul 2013 00:00:00 GMT Update from #DEL on progress on phase 1 of #CDR Colin Thu, 25 Jul 2013 00:00:00 GMT Confirmation from #NIRAN of continued support to #Allcolleges. Support in future will be from #JANET Colin Thu, 25 Jul 2013 00:00:00 GMT Advised of #JANET briefing for #Allcolleges on 18 October 2013 at Stranmillis College Colin Mon, 22 Jul 2013 00:00:00 GMT Glad to be back at work to support #Allcolleges and #DEL Colin Thu, 28 Feb 2013 16:09:16 GMT #SSRS training course organised and confirmed for #BMC #NRC #NWRC #SRC and #SWC at BT Tower on 11 and 12 March 2013. This training was approved by the #BSUGroup at the February meeting. Colin Thu, 28 Feb 2013 11:56:59 GMT Agreement reached with #Mhance to extend the current #NICIS contract under the current terms and conditions for a further 12 months. The extension was an option within the original contract which could be exercised with agreement from both parties. This has extended the contract to April 2015. Colin Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:25:53 GMT Notification to #BMC #NRC #NWRC #SRC #SWC #SERC of CPI (Consumer Price Index) support cost uplift for 2013/14 in line with #NICIS contractual arrangements with #MHance Colin Wed, 27 Feb 2013 12:30:24 GMT Correspondence to #MHance to confirm conditions of #NICIS contract extension to April 2015. Extension is an option and part of original contractual arrangements. Colin Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:52:00 GMT Distribute #BSUGroup minutes of the 19 February 2013 meeting to all members. Key decisions included #SSRS training for #BSU staff and #NICISswg, college testing of #CDR and launch of 'this #NICIS hub'. Colin Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:35:21 GMT Gentle reminder to #Mhance for copy of filters applied to the Essential Skills return to further the testing of the #CDR project. Colin Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:31:57 GMT #RTI information sent to #HRgroup which was discussed at the #QLP national user group meeting yesterday (25 Feruary 2013). At the meeting representatives from HMRC were available to anser questions. Colin Wed, 20 Feb 2013 11:19:51 GMT #CDR review meeting today with #DEL and #NICISswg Chairperson. Agreed to collate all current return specifications and review for consistency over next 2 weeks. Further review meeting at that stage. Colin Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:30:12 GMT Supplied fnal student equality requirements specification to #SWC This functionality was added to college #QLS systems in November 2012 on request of the Equality Group. Colin Fri, 08 Feb 2013 12:01:49 GMT Assist #BMC with Freedom of Information Request for #QLP payroll details of contract start/end dates and renewal time. Colin Fri, 08 Feb 2013 11:52:32 GMT Submission to suppliers of change to pensions report to enable extract details to be available for #RTI processing in April 2013. Colin Fri, 08 Feb 2013 11:49:37 GMT Meeting with #DEL and #NICISswg representative to discuss next steps with #CDR before review meeting on 19 February. Need to include #FTE details and other flags to enable more effective use of return. Colin Wed, 06 Feb 2013 00:00:00 GMT Gathered information about #Payremit for consolidated payments to non-teaching staff in advance of next negotiating meeting Colin Tue, 05 Feb 2013 00:00:00 GMT Review of #DEL comments in relation to the #MISOBC Colin Tue, 05 Feb 2013 00:00:00 GMT Submission of non-lecturing staff #PayRemit for 2010/11 and 11/12 to #DEL following review Colin Tue, 05 Feb 2013 00:00:00 GMT #ChangeRequest CR0075 to allow #SRC #BMC #SERC #SRC #SWC and #NWRC access to #CDR output file approved Colin Tue, 05 Feb 2013 00:00:00 GMT Contact #LibrariesNI to identify what president may have been set for the £250 payment to non-lecturing staff for submission withinthe #PayRemit Colin Mon, 04 Feb 2013 00:00:00 GMT Meeting with #Momentum discussing how to integrate #coderdojo workshops to #SRC #BMC #SERC #SRC #SWC and #NWRC Colin Mon, 04 Feb 2013 00:00:00 GMT Issue of #ChangeRequest CR0075 to change board for update to #CDR Colin Mon, 04 Feb 2013 00:00:00 GMT Agree with #DEL and #BSUgroup that #CDR cannot use current method of withdawn identifiaction used in #FLU at present Colin Mon, 04 Feb 2013 00:00:00 GMT Cancel #ChangeRequest CR0074 and replace with CR0075 to allow college access to #CDR output only Colin Thu, 31 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT #DEL meeting to discuss arrangements for potential #GovernorsCouncil conference Colin Thu, 31 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT Arrange #CDR phase 1 project review meeting with #DEL - to take place on 19 February 2013 Colin Thu, 31 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT Arrange external SSRS #Training in line with sectoral #Reporting strategy Colin Wed, 30 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT Advise #DEL and #BSUgroup of #FLU retention analysis - proves actual hours are more accurate. Non-FLU enrols however do not calcualtion actual hours Colin Fri, 25 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT Attended #NICISswg meeting with #SRC #BMC #SERC #SRC #SWC and #NWRC Colin Fri, 25 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT #NICISswg agenda items includes #CDR #MISOBC and ideas for sharing ideas and functionality across colleges Colin Fri, 25 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT #SRC #BMC #SERC #SRC #SWC and #NWRC updates provided to #NICISswg - next meeting 8 March 2013 Colin Thu, 24 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT Analyse #FLU files from #SRC #BMC #SERC #SRC #SWC and #NWRC to gauge impact of standard withdrawal identification method (1/9th rule) Colin Thu, 24 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT Provided and discussed testing strategy for #QLS and #QLP releases from #MHance with #SRC Principal Colin Wed, 23 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT Assist #SRC with #CRM queries about integration between #QLS. Supplier document provided and conference call recommended Colin Wed, 23 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT Initial #ChangeRequest CR0074 to allow colleges access to #CDR data files plus add add flags for retention (based on same rule as #FLU Colin Tue, 15 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT Agree with lgal advisors that a #NICIS contract extension of 12 months with #M-Hance was a low risk option Colin Mon, 14 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT Development of #BSU work programme for next 12 months to be presented to #BSUGroup Colin Fri, 11 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT #BSUgroup meeting discussing #CDR #MISOBC and #Reporting Strategy Colin Fri, 11 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT #NICISswg meeting to discuss one item agenda #MISOBC Colin Fri, 11 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT Attend #BSUGroup meeting where #FLU and #CDR support going forward was discussed along with #MISOBC and current #NICIS contract with #M-Hance Colin Thu, 10 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT Meeting with #DEL about sectoral technologies including #VDI Colin Thu, 10 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT #Del meeting to review 2010/11 and 11/12 #PayRemit for non-lecturing staff Colin Wed, 09 Jan 2013 00:00:00 GMT Supplier quarterly support meeting with #M-Hance. Discuss #QLP upgrades, #CDR support, #FLU changes for 2013, Support calls made by #SRC #BMC #SERC #SRC #SWC and #NWRC Colin Wed, 19 Dec 2012 00:00:00 GMT Attend #STEM sub-group meeting representing #CNI Colin Mon, 17 Dec 2012 00:00:00 GMT #FEMR meeting with #SRC and #NRC representing the #HRgroup to agree sectoral changes to the report Colin Wed, 12 Dec 2012 00:00:00 GMT Attended Foundtion Degree Stakeholders Meeting at #DEL representing #CNI Colin Wed, 12 Dec 2012 00:00:00 GMT Attend #BMC web meeting advising on business case for web services in the future Colin Mon, 10 Dec 2012 00:00:00 GMT Conference call with Trevor Carson regarding #E-ILP and what support #SRC #BMC #SERC #SRC #SWC and #NWRC have for the product Colin Fri, 07 Dec 2012 00:00:00 GMT Attend #NICISswg where PWC were inattendance discussing the #MISOBC requirements. Aldo #CDR overview provided Colin Tue, 04 Dec 2012 00:00:00 GMT #GovernorsCouncil inaugual meeting in Hilton hotel Colin Tue, 04 Dec 2012 00:00:00 GMT Attended #SharedServices meeting where the main topic on the agenda was the #MISOBC Colin Fri, 30 Nov 2012 00:00:00 GMT Legal meeting regarding #NICIS contract to discuss options and risks for 1 year extension Colin Fri, 30 Nov 2012 00:00:00 GMT Meeting to review #CNI website Colin Thu, 29 Nov 2012 00:00:00 GMT Represent #CNI at the implementation Committee for the NI Higher Education strategy #HE Colin Wed, 28 Nov 2012 00:00:00 GMT Meet #DEL to review progress with #CDR and plot next steps Colin Thu, 22 Nov 2012 00:00:00 GMT Attended Curriculum Directors meeting at #BMC with representatives from #SWC #SRC #NWRC #SERC and #NRC on behalf of #CNI Colin Thu, 22 Nov 2012 00:00:00 GMT #CDR meeting to review results from recent test Colin Mon, 19 Nov 2012 00:00:00 GMT Initial meeting with #SRC and #NRC representing #Hrgroup to discuss potential changes to #FEMR report for all colleges Colin Wed, 07 Nov 2012 00:00:00 GMT #CDR review meeting with #DEL Colin Wed, 07 Nov 2012 00:00:00 GMT #PayRemit update meeting at #DEL for the 2010/11 and 11/12 non-lecturing paybill Colin Thu, 01 Nov 2012 00:00:00 GMT Event manage #FSB Awards at Waterfront Hall for #SRC #BMC #SERC #SRC #SWC and #NWRC