Colleges Northern Ireland (CNI) is the membership body representing all six Northern Ireland regional colleges, and its activities include:
- providing the voice for the College sector;
- advocacy on behalf of the sector, including lobbying government departments and other agencies;
- providing a platform for its member colleges;
- providing an interface between the colleges and a wide range of stakeholders;
- supporting colleges in a range of activities and managing initiatives on behalf of the sector; and
- building consensus on policy on behalf of the Colleges.
To draw upon the expertise, both internal and external to the sector, working together in an environment of respect to support our decision making.
To build collaboration to the benefit of colleges, both nationally and internationally.
To represent CNI and Colleges to the highest standards, demonstrating commitment and integrity at all times.
To not compromise our standards and values in the achievement of our objectives.
To seek to anticipate issues and challenges where our involvement will add value and we will take positive action to address these on behalf of the sector.
To embrace the need for change and to develop and implement appropriate programmes as agreed with the Board.
To support, represent and promote the colleges and positively impact upon their vital contribution to Northern Ireland’s economic and social well-being.
An enhanced economic and social well-being for Northern Ireland through a College sector committed to partnership
Our core values express what Colleges Northern Ireland stands for and how we will conduct ourselves as an organisation.